The University of Manchester campus comprises two main areas: the Sackville Street area, formerly the UMIST campus, and the Oxford Road area, formerly The Victoria University of Manchester campus.
The Science and Engineering faculty office is in the Sackville Street Building, while the school offices are housed across The University of Manchester campus.
Interactive map – interactive Google map including the whole campus map.
The following maps are available in a printable PDF format:
- Accommodation map (PDF) – a map of University-owned accommodation (54 KB)
- City map (PDF) – the location of the University in Manchester (137 KB)
- Campus map (PDF) – a map of the whole campus together with an index of buildings (9.19 MB)
You will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat (downloadable from Adobe) to view them. PDF files open in a new window.
There is also an accessibility map for the University on the DisabledGo website. It includes access guides for each building.
Car parking is available at the University. If you have an appointment with a member of staff they may be able to provide you with a parking permit for the day.
The multi-storey car parks at both Booth Street West and Charles Street offer paid public parking and are convenient and safe.
Travel to meetings, lectures, seminars or conferences conveniently and sustainably via one of the university schemes and services:
- Shuttle bus - There are regular shuttle buses to pick up and drop off students at various points around the campus. These are also highlighted on the interactive campus map.
- By bike - Covered bike racks are available outside the main entrance to the Pariser and George Begg Buildings.
- By Foot – Use online tools such as Walkit or GPS Routes to plan the quickest route.
- Car share – A designated Greater Manchester private group has been established with members from Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Manchester, Central NHS Trust and Royal Northern College of Music.