CONACYT Tuition Top-up Award
The University of Manchester has an agreement with CONACyT (The Mexican Council of Science & Technology) to provide a 30% tuition fee discount to all CONACyT-funded students. However, the maximum tuition fee contribution from CONACyT is 300,000 pesos per year for 3 years. At today’s exchange rate this is approximately £10.8k (Aug 2021) leaving a shortfall in funding.
The CONACyT Tuition Top Up Awards include tuition top ups to cover the CONACyT funding shortfall. This is calculated as: (0.7 x International fee amount) - £10.8k.
In order to be considered for this award nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Hold an academic offer to start a 3 year PhD programme in September 2021 (must start NO LATER than 31st March 2022)
- OR already registered on a 3 year CONACyT funded PhD programme from September 2020 onwards and were going to be nominated for 2020-21 CONACyT awards, cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Hold (or be about to obtain) a first class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent).
- Have some research related experience. E.g. undergraduate/master’s projects, placements, internships, contributions to publications/articles, promoting research or project outcomes to a wider audience, prizes for previous work or setting up collaborations with other groups.
- Project is in one the priority areas highlighted by CONACyT (please note that priority areas vary by year).