EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP)
Through its Doctoral Training Partnership with The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), The University of Manchester offers a number of fully-funded 3.5 year studentships each year.
- 3.5 year fully-funded studentship.
- Tuition fees at home or international rate (please see 'relaxation of residential criteria' section below).
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend.
Please enquire with the admissions team in the department in which you intend to study as to their specific eligibility criteria. EPSRC eligibility criteria can be found at the link below:
Equality, diversity and inclusion is fundamental to the success of The University of Manchester, and is at the heart of all of our activities. We know that diversity strengthens our research community, leading to enhanced research creativity, productivity and quality, and societal and economic impact. We actively encourage applicants from diverse career paths and backgrounds and from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation and transgender status.
We also support applications from those returning from a career break or other roles. We consider offering flexible study arrangements (including part-time: 50%, 60% or 80%, depending on the project/funder).
All appointments are made on merit.
Relaxation of residential criteria
In order to recruit the very best students, EPSRC allows up to 30% of DTP studentships to be allocated to International students; this is known as relaxation of residential criteria.
How to apply
- Search our list of Competition Funded projects on the FindAPhD project page - using keyword ‘EPSRC DTP’.
- Specify in the funding section of your PhD application form that you wish to be considered for the EPSRC DTP.
- Your application will then be considered by a departmental funding panel.
Full details of our research projects can be found on the relevant Department web pages as well as information on how to apply for our PhD programmes. Please direct enquiries to the relevant Department.
Contact the department for details.