Funding in the Faculty
Below you will find the awards we have available for your science or engineering PhD.
Award deadlines change throughout the year, and some have specific application criteria so check the award page to see if you're eligible to apply.
Discover more about some of our key scholarships which are now open for applications:
Every year we support researchers of the highest calibre with a Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship.
This award supports our commitment to building a diverse community of students.
This award was launched by the University's President to help our PhD students forge the career they want.
This award supports PhD students to develop teaching experience and earn a salary alongside their research.
Browse our full list of awards
All available funding opportunities:
- A* STAR PhD Programme
- Advanced Biomedical Materials CDT
- CDT in Advanced Metallic Systems
- CDT in Aerosol Science
- CDT in Biodesign Engineering
- CDT in Compound Semiconductor Manufacturing
- CDT in Future Innovation in NDE
- CDT in the Science and Technology of Fusion Energy
- Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships Plan (CSFP) General Scholarship
- CONACyT Mexico Scholarships
- CONACyT Tuition Top-up Award
- Dean's Doctoral Scholarship Award
- Diversity PhD Scholarship
- Dual award between The University of Manchester and The University of Melbourne
- EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP)
- Funds for Women Graduates
- Graphene NOWNANO CDT
- Indonesia BUDI Scholarship Programme
- Integrated Catalysis (iCAT) CDT
- James Elson Studentship
- Nuclear Energy - GREEN CDT
- Postgraduate Research Teaching Associate (PGRTA) Scholarships
- President's Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award
- Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS)
- The University of Manchester-China Scholarship Council Joint Scholarship