Support for postgraduate researchers
We understand that you need the highest quality professional and career development, training and opportunities to support you to complete your research degree and successfully transition to the next stage of your career.
Our programme is flexible, giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in a broad range of areas. It’s been designed to be accessed as and when to support individual progression.
Our programme consists of development opportunities and courses to ensure timely completion of your research degree, the development of transferable skills and increase future employability, as well as the opportunity to collaborate and network.
Training is provided from the point of induction to help maximise your research output, and supports the development of independent research careers. The programme covers three key areas.
- Academic writing, helping you to prepare high quality research papers and reports
- Preparing presentation content, demonstrating how to increase the impact of your presentations
- Critical reading, to explore how to review literature critically and effectively
Wellbeing and personal effectiveness
- PhD socials, informal events to help you mingle and meet other researchers
- Imposter syndrome, ways to deal with feelings that you are not as competent as others
- Time management, particularly under the current circumstances of heightened uncertainty
Public engagement and impact
- Seven steps to raising your research profile
- Getting started with public engagement