Support for research staff
As a researcher you are a valued member of staff. Your work underpins our drive for research excellence and we strive to create an environment in which you can progress your career to reach your full potential.
Our training opportunities have been designed to be accessed as and when needed.
Research staff training programme
We recommend that all our research staff spend up to ten days per annum on professional and career development opportunities.
Our development programme for researchers covers three key areas.
- Publishing academic papers, developing an understanding of this process
- Project management, helping you use effective project management methodology
- Networking for researchers, learning how to make useful contacts and maintain them over time
- Lay abstracts with impact, increasing the accessibility of your research
- Seven steps to raising your research profile
- Masterclass in public engagement, giving you an opportunity to reflect on your own practice and maximise the value of evaluating your engagement activities
Our programme also offers:
- Teacher training opportunities, particularly through our Teaching for Researchers course
- CV and interview advice for researchers
- Coaching and mentoring
- Grant and fellowship application guidance
I truly enjoyed the Teaching for Researchers course. It has opened my eyes to many practices I was unaware of as well as equip me to better myself and my teaching.Member of research staff