Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship
The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers a number of Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships every year. These scholarships are open to all nationalities and will be of interest to students of the highest calibre, with the commitment and desire to work on challenging research projects in a world leading research environment.
Successful Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship holders will:
- Benefit from international research leadership under distinguished scholars.
- Benefit from our extensive transferable skills training programmes for research students.
- 3.5 year fully-funded studentship.
- Tuition fees at home or international rate.
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD programme starting in academic year 2022/23;
- Hold (or be about to obtain) a first class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent);
- Ideally hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- Meet English language entry requirements as specified by the department that you are applying to;
- Have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
We will only consider candidates who hold a formal offer for a place on one of our PhD programmes.
How to apply
- Apply for a place on the PhD programme of your choice.
- Specify in the funding section of your PhD application form that you wish to be considered for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship.
- Each department will be invited to nominate candidates to Faculty – if nominated you will then be invited to an interview.
Full details of our research projects can be found on the relevant department web pages as well as information on how to apply for our PhD programmes. Please direct enquiries to the relevant Department.